TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All lesson fees are payable a term in advance by BACS, cash payable to Mr.T.Hughes and are non-refundable. You will be invoiced 1-2 weeks prior to the start of each new term. PayPalMe can be used for 'pay as you go' lessons which can be booked online and are available to adult learners and as 'top up' lessons outside of term time. Payment is due upon commencement of lessons.
2. An additional fee of £10 per 28 days will be charged for any unarranged late payment. Please get in contact if you require support with payment terms in times of financial difficulty.
3. A half terms notice (6 weeks) in writing is required should you wish to discontinue lessons. Please note that the fees for that term still apply and are non-refundable. If you are thinking of stopping lessons, please discuss with the teacher. Aim to finish at the end of a term and give notice by half term, ensuring the 6 week notice period is met and this gives the teacher opportunity to offer the place to someone else.
4. Lessons missed by the teachers’ unavailability will be offered during the 'catch up' week at the end of each term or rescheduled. Alternatively lessons may be offered out of term time - it will be the responsibility of the student or their parents to attend these. In extenuating circumstances, lessons may be credited the next term. Lessons missed by students will not be refunded.
5. Lessons will be rescheduled when there is a school trip if sufficient notice of at least 7 days is given. It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to notify the teacher in writing. Lessons will not be rescheduled or refunded when insufficient notice is given of less than 48 hours. Lessons will not be rescheduled or refunded in the event of a school closure.
6. The students’ progress can be discussed at any time. Progress reports will be provided during the academic year. Opportunities to meet with the teacher to discuss progression can also be arranged.
7. If you have any queries regarding lessons, please get in contact by email, telephone or in writing.
8. Students must bring their own instruments, music books, including diary in order for lessons to go ahead and arrive on time to each lesson. For home tuition/online lessons, please ensure books and instruments are setup ready and that distractions are kept to a minimum. For children taking part in online lessons at home, an adult should be present in the background.
9. Books and accessories are not provided in the fee. You will be informed of what to purchase and in some cases billed separately should the teacher get them on your behalf. Exam fees are also additional should grades be taken.
10. A regular routine of practice and good level of commitment between lessons is required. Likewise, positive praise and encouragement from family.
FEE GUIDE 2020-2021
20 mins £12 (school based)
30 mins £18 (school based)
30 mins £20 (online lessons or home study)
45 mins £30 (online lessons or home study)
60 mins £40 (online lessons or home study)
Introductory Courses/Regular Classes
These are short courses for those still deciding on their music studies or those returning after a break. A block of 10 (30-minute) sessions can be booked for a fee of £200. A total of 3 blocks can be booked over 12 months. Regular classes are taught as standard throughout the academic year with 'top up' lessons available outside term time.
The fee covers tutor time during lessons, admin time relating to lessons such as prep and evaluation and travel. The terms and conditions above apply to students having lessons during school time, online lessons or at home. They are in place to provide a formal learning agreement.