Tom Hughes is a certified and professionally registered Health Manager.
Tom specialises in the health services management of the assessment and treatment of acquired brain injury, psychological trauma, neuropsychological rehabilitation and long-term health conditions. He has experience of working within primary and secondary healthcare settings.
AMSPAR - Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Managers, Administrators and Receptionists.
ISC - Institute of Secondary Care.
IHSCM - Institute of Health & Social Care Management.
PMA - Practice Manager's Association.
In 2020, Tom was invited to join the AMSPAR Health Academy Advisory Board.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Managing medical ethics and legal requirements.
- Financial management, accounting and budgeting.
- Managing information and communication.
- Developing and leading teams.
- Signposting of referrals to clinicians/health practitioners.
- Management of patient/client referrals & health services.
- Strategic Management for Health & Social Care.
- Strategic Leadership for Health & Social Care.
- Managing and Leading Human Resources.
- Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care.
- General business management & administration.
- Website design and management.
Tom has been assessed as a Demographic/Participative Leader.
His three most important leadership qualities are:
- Encouraging the ideas and creativity of others and promoting collaboration.
- Allowing shared participation in decision-making, instilling mutual respect and building commitment within the team.
- Offering guidance and keeping discussions balanced and controlled.
Tom is currently studying towards a postgraduate diploma in Healthcare Leadership.
Tom is currently working freelance and available for locum work. This includes work within a health setting and support to clinicians setting up in private practice. Most work can be done remotely with regular meetings via Zoom/Skype and in person.
Please get in contact for further details.